Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ride on!

I definitely needed this week's rehearsal.

Toning: This is getting better. I liked that we re-did it. I wish we could mix up among the guys, because I still can only hear the three of us :-) I think more people are jumping in. I think we could definitely do this right after the prayer this week, so long as we remind them before we start the prayer.

Witness: I liked the mixing-up of parts. We could definitely still review some more of the pitches in a couple places.

Chariot: Teaching the rhythm with tapping was a little confusing here, even to me...but once we added the words it went really well. I think it'll make more sense once we add in the main tune, which is going to be a hit :-)

End freestyle section: I think we should leave the last 15 minutes or so of each week for this "sharing time". We could open by re-arranging one of Irv's pieces. I think they might be more effective if we add more lyrical repetition, perhaps by alternating a soloist with the whole crowd? Thoughts here? Perhaps we could enlist the group to brainstorm ways we could play around with it.

Any other thoughts? Have we heard anything about the Christmas concert idea? Assuming we don't start carols Nov 4, and we don't meet the day before Thanksgiving, we have 5 rehearsals to put the concert together. I don't see a reason why we couldn't include the other pieces we've covered as well, and maybe even Irv's song and/or the rap we sort of started. If we have a solid plan and schedule for how we're going to teach everything, it should work out. Hopefully we hear from the chaplain soon!

I'm in Albany this weekend, so I might not make it back in time for our meeting. If I'm still beating traffic, feel free to give me a call and we can talk that way...thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment